Congratulations on your new Google My Business account! You know the importance of driving local customers to your location. But check out these 2019 search stats, from the HubSpot blog:
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information. (Source: GoGulf)
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- 88% of searches for local businesses on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Source: Nectafy)
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales. (Source: Forrester)
- 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale. (Source: Think with Google)
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Source: Chat Meter)
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code. (Source: Think with Google)
- By using location-based coupons on mobile can lead to a 9916% increase in incremental mobile revenue. (Source: WordStream)
- Local searches result in purchases 28% of the time. (Source: Joel House Search Media)
- Search result information will send 70% of consumers to a physical store. (Source: Joel House Search Media)
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results. (Source: SEO Expert)
- Global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. (Source: Think with Google)
This blizzard of percentages means 3 things:
- Your business should be mobile friendly.
- You want to make it easy for customers to find you.
- Your efforts should be consistent to keep your company in front of people.
All 3 are easily managed by BW SEO (that’s me) on a monthly basis for a very reasonable subscription cost. You run a business, so go ahead and do what you’re good at and leave the day to day SEO activities to me. That’s what you pay me for, right?
This price covers monthly monitoring of your GMB page, including:
- Updating your basic information, including changes to hours open, holiday messages, and so on.
- Placing updated photos of your business including titles and alt text for SEO purposes.
- Writing one post per month, with one photo.
- Noting changes in analytics and dealing with them for you.
- Monthly report during the last week of the month.
For more than one post per month, there are variations of this subscription that you can select.